Brittnee Rli

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Cancel my account

We do not use it anymore. Cancel. We do not use it anymore. Cancel. We do not use it anymore. Cancel. We do not use it anymore. Cancel. We do not use it anymore. Cancel. We do not use it anymore. Cancel.

User's recommendation: Don't use it.

Abel S Jdt

Verified Buyer

Can't reach customer service for an issue with my taxes

Intuit - Can't reach customer service for an issue with my taxes
Intuit - Can't reach customer service for an issue with my taxes - Image 2
my NY state refund was estimated to $761 now it says $0 I want to know why my state refund is on $0 now and would like to speak to a representative

Preferred solution: speak to a representative to fix the issue

Chenming H

Installation of 2023 turbotax CD failed

Intuit - Installation of 2023 turbotax CD failed
Intuit - Installation of 2023 turbotax CD failed - Image 2

Got this message:

'_lmx.defverfe_elifpets_fpw_petsysae_lacol_tib46_rgnerepw'

cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in

cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error,

an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this

package.

I tried to install the CD 3 times and they all ended with error message. Have the license code.

Need immediate help to finish tax before upcoming travel in a five days.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Guest

One Solution is to file online, where they rip you off with three times the cost of a download of a CD! This is exactly what happened, when I purchase the download for $115; I filed online with a total Cost of $288!

First they start you with the Basic Package, then they say, I needed schedule D, it is additional Cost; then added the Audit option, etc; are we done? No; I cancelled the subscription, but, no refund, so I have to dispute the Charge with my credit Company! The Software that was downloaded is for IOS 12 and later; no mentioning of such Case!

I bought last year Software which worked fine; later in the year, when I updated as requested, the Software stopped working; reported to CS and the response was they are aware of the issue; this issue was never resolved; I can’t open my last paid software, and no solution provided; what software Company issues an Update that is not well tested before release? A Company that is heading to decline.

da G Tcu

| map-marker San Diego, California

THE WORST!!!! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING INTUIT AND/OR QUICKBOOKS, ABOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Absolutely no way to get customer support on anything other than simple, easy-to-resolve problems. I was told that I could not speak to a supervisor, but they could escalate it and have a supervisor call me in 72 hours.

NO RETURN CALL. Several emails detailing the problem asking for someone to call me, NO RETURN CALL. By the way, if you are wondering, this has happened with every critical problem I have had with their accounting and payroll; all with the same results. Our entire accounting database crashed.

When we FINALLY reached Intuit, they said it was our fault; something we had done, and it would cost us $2,000 and at least a week to resolve it. As they have all of our information, as well as backups of it, I might venture to call that almost blackmail. It took well over a week, and there were still problems they didn't resolve. I am surprised that this company still retains any claim of integrity or claims of any kind of quality.

The next place I am going after this is the Better Business Bureau. SAVE YOURSELF FROM PAYING A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY AND THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF THIS COMPANY; DO NOT CONSIDER USING INTUIT/QUICKBOOKS!

User's recommendation: DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER USING INTUIT/QUICKBOOKS

Guest

BBB is worthless and has 0 power. What is your problem with Quickbooks? I work for a MSP and specialize in it.

Gerri D Qfm

Verified Reviewer

Stole money from my small business!

Intuit - Stole money from my small business!
Intuit - Stole money from my small business! - Image 2
Updated by user Dec 28, 2023

I have spoken to this company multiple times and have gotten nowhere with them. They have refused to release the money to me or send back to my client.

They are now saying the email I got saying the money would be returned to my client within 2 to 3 days (on December 7th) wasn't true. They stole from my small business and I will need an attorney to collect. I can not recharge my client because of them and I am out $4500 plus the business I have lost because I can not pay for more material to continue working and bills I couldn't get paid.

I am a small business that just started, I don't have thousands of dollars just hanging around. I have to rely on payments from my clients to keep working and supporting my family.

Original review Dec 26, 2023
I signed up with Intuit to be able to take card payments from my clients on December 1st. I am small brand new business just opened last month.

I got everything set up and was told I was good to go. On December 5th I invoiced a client for $4500. Never got anything from them except an email saying I got paid. On December 7th I hadn't recieved the money and I contacted them.

I was told I was denied taking payments(they sent an email while I was chatting with someone at that time) and that any money would be sent back to the client. The money never got returned to my client nor was it ever deposited into my business bank account. I have contacted them countless times and was finally told it was still in processing to be either given back to my client or me. Still fighting for the money my client paid to my business!

I have lost business and can't pay some bills because this company thinks it's ok to steal from my business. Even talked to them today and still get excuses! Who do they think they are stealing from other businesses?? I even asked them to send my client proof that they will return it to her so that I can recharge her and they won't do it!

I am going to have to send everything to an attorney along with the business I lost and bills I couldn't get paid because of this. I am a small business just starting out and rely on customers payments so that I can continue doing business. This company has lied to me, lied to my client, stole money from my business and have caused me to loose out on future clients because I can't purchase more material to continue working. This is my only source of income to support my family.

Payment was made December 5th and it is now December 26th and still nothing.

I even had one person tell me I needed to resubscribe (pay) again to use their services! Why would I want to pay for another subscription when I can't even get the money from the first subscription I paid for??!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Refuses to release money owed that was paid by cleint
  • Steals money
  • Doesnt belive they are doing anything wrong

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't trust them. They lie and steal from small businesses!

Lou C Lnd

Horrible product

No customer service. They scam you into loading software that requires monthly fees to use the payroll service. Run fast and stay away.
Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service left on hold for over an hour

map-marker Lynn Haven, Florida

Representative helped me

She went above and beyond to help resolve who I needed to actually talk to. Along with giving me the number along with the options to choose narrow down my search
Brian H Abb

This program has become a joke.......

I'm not here to jump threw hoops to get into something I'm paying for.

No one needs another account with or without disabilities. Having an account is just another intrusion on my privacy and security for myself and others.

I don't need to have people affiliated with u bothering me as well. U do not need my phone number unless there is a problem.

This crap of activate this and go to my email. Activate it again, once again asking for my phone, which I'm damn well not going to give out.

This download nonsense i do not care for. I use my computer to keep my privacy, not have my things out there for others.

This company is not helping keep that privacy by accounts and putting more on the net. The cd has always worked till now.

Whom ever the idiot and people accepting this forced account and download. Needs to be Fired!

The dvd had two dll failures.

Well there are failures working there now, coming up with this nonsense.

everything here i went threw today.

If i had known more on this I would have never bought it. Yes you will lose more people with what you are doing now.

Cons:
  • Trying to force giving phone number
  • Forced account
  • Failed program on dvd

Preferred solution: get the program back to non forced accounts. also a new disc that works. there where to failed program on the disc.

User's recommendation: If this company continues with this invasion of privacy and nonsense of forced accounts. Do not buy.

Guest

This site has nothing to do with Intuit, genius. This is a third party site for thousands of companies.

Anyone can comment. For someone that values privacy, you sure didn’t research where you were posting.

Emma S Jgh

You cannot return an unopened, unused Turbo Tax product

I paid full price for two discs of Turbo Tax Deluxe, and then that evening I discovered FreeTax, so I tried to return them, unopened, to the store, which refused the return. I then had to open the sealed envelopes to fill out the return form from Intuit, which I did for both discs.

I took a photo of the receipt which I uploaded. Nothing. No reimbursement. I am just out 140 bucks and nothing I can do about it.

Meanwhile, I did my taxes with FreeTax and it was great and easy and the Federal was indeed free to file, while the state was very affordable. It was so much better than my experience last year using Turbo Tax.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Used to be easy to do taxes with turbo tax
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • No refund if you change your mind
  • Confusing

User's recommendation: Don't buy Turbo Tax

Guest

A Class action law suit is the only alternative? Clever Lawyers get on it!

Guest

UPDATE: Intuit refunded me the full amount for both products, plus tax. Thank you for letting me voice my concerns on this platform!

I am satisfied with the result. I still don't plan on using Turbo Tax again but at least they honored my refund.

Guest

Why did you buy two if it was confusing and expensive and you knew this?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2503100

I bought one for me and one for my partner; this is what we have done in the past. We file separately.

I did not know about FreeTax when I bought the product.

Also, the price went up quite a lot this year. I have never tried returning an Intuit product so I didn't know it would be so difficult.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Parkville, Maryland

Tax refund

Very helpful, I will find out how helpful. She was very pleasant and informative. It was nice to talk with a live person.
Matt S Ogg

Payroll Issue never resolved

QuickBooks Online Payroll took the proper amount from our checking account for the 4th qtr 2023 unemployment but never paid it to the the state. After numerous chats, calls and emails over a month we have had no response from customer care on the issue. Customer service is the worst of any company we have had to deal with. If we had another software company to choose we would certainly change providers! Unfortunately we are stuck with QuickBooks!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Online availability
Cons:
  • Everything other than online availability

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buy something else!

Makaiyah Fgx

Verified Reviewer

No security, FRAUD ALERT.

Did you know you can use ANYONE's email to setup an account... no verification email. Small business beware!!! I have been on 5 different phone calls from 2 hours to 5 hours. STILL nothing. Fraud department is a JOKE!!! No phone number, customer service cant even get ahold of anyone. AND YOU KNOW WHAT when closing time comes they just cut you off with no resolve.
Cons:
  • Security

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

nicholas m Vza

| map-marker Queensbury, New York

Legal address to sue intuit in ny

need a registered agent or other legal address i can serve for a small claims court civil action if anyone knows it they must have a registered agent in ny at least.
Brian H Abb

Disc didn't work dll failure, and more

This year in 2024, it's a sad joke using this company's products. No one needs yet another user account.

Especially someone with or without disabilities. It should not require jumping through hoops to use this program. Like put your email in, check your email, put a DAMN CODE IN! What ever idiot came up with this, fire them and put it back the way it was.

Then put the activation code in twice.

As well, there are too many more problems with downloading. Too many being sold. So others lose what they bought, not getting the code. Cd/dvd is the best way, and download is just a backup.

Also have seen comments of sharing information from the accounts and emails.

Breach of privacy on this companies part.

The way it was, there was more security. No accounts, no nonsense People need to back up things and take a computer course. Be responsible for yourself in that way.

What this company is doing , is becoming like that jerk,zuckerburg. It was in the news, he miss used people's information and was in front of congress for it.

This is getting to be no different.

Oh it had two dll failures on the disc. Never had this problem before.

Everything i have said about turbo tax here is what i went threw.

Cons:
  • Forced account
  • Intrusion into my privacy
  • No security within my computer due to them

Preferred solution: it changed back to not having to have to jump threw hoops and a disc that works. Choice in account or not. Nothing forced.

User's recommendation: be very aware what goes on. If they don't stop this destructive and disruptive trend. Next year i would not buy this.

DeAnna Gage Sullivan

| map-marker San Francisco, California

Getting card

Sometimes people need much more from their company. This usually stops individuals hacking & launder

User's recommendation: Stay Focused

Pa A Cfj

| map-marker Big Bear Lake, California

False information

You ding peoples credit scores right away on Credit Karma but you dont fix them on the card is paid off right away.takes months. Which is *** because if you can ding him as fast as I can spend it, you can fix it as fast as I can pay it

User's recommendation: Credit karma is ***

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article