Barbara A Vav

Verified Reviewer

Resolution Required for Non-Payment of Federal Taxes and Poor Customer Service Experience

Original review Jul 12, 2024

Dear QuickBooks Support Team,

I am writing to express significant concerns regarding an ongoing issue with our account, specifically relating to the non-payment of federal business taxes for April and May of 2024, despite being enrolled in automatic payments since January 1, 2024. Additionally, I wish to address the extremely poor customer service I experienced in my attempt to resolve this issue.

On Friday, July 12, 2024 I contacted your support team to inquire why our federal business taxes had not been processed for the aforementioned months.

I was on hold for over 2.5 hours, with approximately two hours of this time spent without any active communication from your side. Despite multiple requests to speak with a supervisor for better assistance, I was not transferred; instead, I remained on hold while the initial representative awaited a response from a tier 2 representative.

The eventual answer provided was that the e-service required for processing these payments was not activated during these months.

This critical piece of information took an excessive amount of time to be communicated and does not resolve the penalties imposed by the federal government due to the non-payment, nor does it account for the financial loss in terms of the time I spent seeking help.

This situation has resulted in:

Financial Penalties: Imposed by the federal government for the unpaid taxes of April and May 2024.

Operational Losses: Significant loss of productivity as I had to spend several hours resolving this issue, which remains unresolved.

Given these circumstances, I am requesting the following immediate actions:

Detailed Explanation: A full explanation of why the e-service was deactivated or not activated for our account during the crucial tax submission period.

Reimbursement: Compensation for the penalties incurred due to this oversight and a review of our subscription to ensure such lapses do not recur.

Customer Service Review: An investigation into why it was so difficult to receive timely and effective assistance and why my requests to speak with a supervisor were not honored.

Please treat this matter with urgency, as it affects our compliance with federal tax obligations and has significant repercussions for our business operations. I expect a response with a resolution plan within

Pros:
  • Tracking
Cons:
  • Customer service is poor

Preferred solution: Apology and reimbursement

Abel S Jdt

Verified Buyer

Can't reach customer service for an issue with my taxes

Intuit - Can't reach customer service for an issue with my taxes
Intuit - Can't reach customer service for an issue with my taxes - Image 2

my NY state refund was estimated to $761 now it says $0 I want to know why my state refund is on $0 now and would like to speak to a representative

Preferred solution: speak to a representative to fix the issue

Chenming H

Installation of 2023 turbotax CD failed

Intuit - Installation of 2023 turbotax CD failed
Intuit - Installation of 2023 turbotax CD failed - Image 2

Got this message:

'_lmx.defverfe_elifpets_fpw_petsysae_lacol_tib46_rgnerepw'

cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in

cabinet file 'Data1.cab'. This could indicate a network error,

an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this

package.

I tried to install the CD 3 times and they all ended with error message. Have the license code.

Need immediate help to finish tax before upcoming travel in a five days.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

Guest

One Solution is to file online, where they rip you off with three times the cost of a download of a CD! This is exactly what happened, when I purchase the download for $115; I filed online with a total Cost of $288!

First they start you with the Basic Package, then they say, I needed schedule D, it is additional Cost; then added the Audit option, etc; are we done? No; I cancelled the subscription, but, no refund, so I have to dispute the Charge with my credit Company! The Software that was downloaded is for IOS 12 and later; no mentioning of such Case!

I bought last year Software which worked fine; later in the year, when I updated as requested, the Software stopped working; reported to CS and the response was they are aware of the issue; this issue was never resolved; I can’t open my last paid software, and no solution provided; what software Company issues an Update that is not well tested before release? A Company that is heading to decline.

Jessica O Jxi

Caution: Persistent Technical Glitches and Unresponsive Support at QuickBooks

I urge caution to anyone considering QuickBooks for their accounting needs based on my recent experience. Last year, after initially finding QuickBooks too basic for my needs, I was persuaded to upgrade to a higher subscription level, promising more robust features suitable for my business.

However, upon reactivating my account, I encountered a critical issue: one of my primary bank accounts could not be linked, rendering the service nearly useless for me.

Despite numerous calls to customer support over five months, the problem remained unresolved. The support process was deeply frustrating; I had to repeatedly explain and demonstrate the issue, only to be told each time that they needed more time to investigate. Promised updates on this investigation were never forthcoming, and the issue was never resolved.

When I requested a refund and account cancellation, I encountered further delays and miscommunications, requiring even more calls to ensure it was processed.

The ordeal was time-consuming and completely contrary to the promise of efficiency and reliability that QuickBooks advertises.

If you rely heavily on smooth financial management for your business, I recommend exploring other accounting software options. QuickBooks has shown a disappointing lack of accountability and effectiveness in resolving customer issues.

Cons:
  • Technical support challenges
  • Repetitive troubleshooting
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Find another option!

Rhonda b Dty

| map-marker Harts, West Virginia

Fee on tax return

Intuit - Fee on tax return

I filed my taxes an paid the $233 fee so when an expert helped me correct my return because i recieved a letter in the mail an they are treating it like I just filed an trying to charge me another $204.58 then they tried to charge me $90 i recieve a service code an did what the expert told me an it went successfully but im still getting billed the $204.58 i dont think it is right im been charged again Thank You

da G Tcu

| map-marker San Diego, California

THE WORST!!!! IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING INTUIT AND/OR QUICKBOOKS, ABOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Absolutely no way to get customer support on anything other than simple, easy-to-resolve problems. I was told that I could not speak to a supervisor, but they could escalate it and have a supervisor call me in 72 hours.

NO RETURN CALL. Several emails detailing the problem asking for someone to call me, NO RETURN CALL. By the way, if you are wondering, this has happened with every critical problem I have had with their accounting and payroll; all with the same results. Our entire accounting database crashed.

When we FINALLY reached Intuit, they said it was our fault; something we had done, and it would cost us $2,000 and at least a week to resolve it. As they have all of our information, as well as backups of it, I might venture to call that almost blackmail. It took well over a week, and there were still problems they didn't resolve. I am surprised that this company still retains any claim of integrity or claims of any kind of quality.

The next place I am going after this is the Better Business Bureau. SAVE YOURSELF FROM PAYING A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY AND THE PROPER FUNCTIONING OF THIS COMPANY; DO NOT CONSIDER USING INTUIT/QUICKBOOKS!

User's recommendation: DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER USING INTUIT/QUICKBOOKS

Guest

BBB is worthless and has 0 power. What is your problem with Quickbooks? I work for a MSP and specialize in it.

USMANIJAZ B

| map-marker London, England

Account not sign up

Hello,

I hope you find this well.

I actually created an Intuit account, but it gave me an error and I don't know the reason why this happened. Kindly solve this issue.

Gerri D Qfm

Verified Reviewer

Stole money from my small business!

Intuit - Stole money from my small business!
Intuit - Stole money from my small business! - Image 2
Updated by user Dec 28, 2023

I have spoken to this company multiple times and have gotten nowhere with them. They have refused to release the money to me or send back to my client.

They are now saying the email I got saying the money would be returned to my client within 2 to 3 days (on December 7th) wasn't true. They stole from my small business and I will need an attorney to collect. I can not recharge my client because of them and I am out $4500 plus the business I have lost because I can not pay for more material to continue working and bills I couldn't get paid.

I am a small business that just started, I don't have thousands of dollars just hanging around. I have to rely on payments from my clients to keep working and supporting my family.

Original review Dec 26, 2023
I signed up with Intuit to be able to take card payments from my clients on December 1st. I am small brand new business just opened last month.

I got everything set up and was told I was good to go. On December 5th I invoiced a client for $4500. Never got anything from them except an email saying I got paid. On December 7th I hadn't recieved the money and I contacted them.

I was told I was denied taking payments(they sent an email while I was chatting with someone at that time) and that any money would be sent back to the client. The money never got returned to my client nor was it ever deposited into my business bank account. I have contacted them countless times and was finally told it was still in processing to be either given back to my client or me. Still fighting for the money my client paid to my business!

I have lost business and can't pay some bills because this company thinks it's ok to steal from my business. Even talked to them today and still get excuses! Who do they think they are stealing from other businesses?? I even asked them to send my client proof that they will return it to her so that I can recharge her and they won't do it!

I am going to have to send everything to an attorney along with the business I lost and bills I couldn't get paid because of this. I am a small business just starting out and rely on customers payments so that I can continue doing business. This company has lied to me, lied to my client, stole money from my business and have caused me to loose out on future clients because I can't purchase more material to continue working. This is my only source of income to support my family.

Payment was made December 5th and it is now December 26th and still nothing.

I even had one person tell me I needed to resubscribe (pay) again to use their services! Why would I want to pay for another subscription when I can't even get the money from the first subscription I paid for??!!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Lies
  • Doesnt belive they are doing anything wrong
  • Refuses to release money owed that was paid by cleint

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't trust them. They lie and steal from small businesses!

Lou C Lnd

Horrible product

No customer service. They scam you into loading software that requires monthly fees to use the payroll service. Run fast and stay away.

Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service left on hold for over an hour

Brittnee Rli

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Cancel my account

We do not use it anymore. Cancel.

We do not use it anymore. Cancel. We do not use it anymore.

Cancel.

We do not use it anymore. Cancel.

User's recommendation: Don't use it.

map-marker Lynn Haven, Florida

Representative helped me

She went above and beyond to help resolve who I needed to actually talk to. Along with giving me the number along with the options to choose narrow down my search

Brian H Abb

This program has become a joke.......

I'm not here to jump threw hoops to get into something I'm paying for.

No one needs another account with or without disabilities. Having an account is just another intrusion on my privacy and security for myself and others.

I don't need to have people affiliated with u bothering me as well. U do not need my phone number unless there is a problem.

This crap of activate this and go to my email. Activate it again, once again asking for my phone, which I'm damn well not going to give out.

This download nonsense i do not care for. I use my computer to keep my privacy, not have my things out there for others.

This company is not helping keep that privacy by accounts and putting more on the net. The cd has always worked till now.

Whom ever the idiot and people accepting this forced account and download. Needs to be Fired!

The dvd had two dll failures.

Well there are failures working there now, coming up with this nonsense.

everything here i went threw today.

If i had known more on this I would have never bought it. Yes you will lose more people with what you are doing now.

Cons:
  • Forcing downloads
  • Trying to force giving phone number
  • Forced account

Preferred solution: get the program back to non forced accounts. also a new disc that works. there where to failed program on the disc.

User's recommendation: If this company continues with this invasion of privacy and nonsense of forced accounts. Do not buy.

Guest

This site has nothing to do with Intuit, genius. This is a third party site for thousands of companies.

Anyone can comment. For someone that values privacy, you sure didn’t research where you were posting.

Emma S Jgh

You cannot return an unopened, unused Turbo Tax product

I paid full price for two discs of Turbo Tax Deluxe, and then that evening I discovered FreeTax, so I tried to return them, unopened, to the store, which refused the return. I then had to open the sealed envelopes to fill out the return form from Intuit, which I did for both discs.

I took a photo of the receipt which I uploaded. Nothing. No reimbursement. I am just out 140 bucks and nothing I can do about it.

Meanwhile, I did my taxes with FreeTax and it was great and easy and the Federal was indeed free to file, while the state was very affordable. It was so much better than my experience last year using Turbo Tax.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Used to be easy to do taxes with turbo tax
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • No refund if you change your mind
  • Confusing

User's recommendation: Don't buy Turbo Tax

Guest

A Class action law suit is the only alternative? Clever Lawyers get on it!

Guest

UPDATE: Intuit refunded me the full amount for both products, plus tax. Thank you for letting me voice my concerns on this platform!

I am satisfied with the result. I still don't plan on using Turbo Tax again but at least they honored my refund.

Guest

Why did you buy two if it was confusing and expensive and you knew this?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2503100

I bought one for me and one for my partner; this is what we have done in the past. We file separately.

I did not know about FreeTax when I bought the product.

Also, the price went up quite a lot this year. I have never tried returning an Intuit product so I didn't know it would be so difficult.

View more comments (3)
map-marker Parkville, Maryland

Tax refund

Very helpful, I will find out how helpful. She was very pleasant and informative. It was nice to talk with a live person.

Matt S Ogg

Payroll Issue never resolved

QuickBooks Online Payroll took the proper amount from our checking account for the 4th qtr 2023 unemployment but never paid it to the the state. After numerous chats, calls and emails over a month we have had no response from customer care on the issue.

Customer service is the worst of any company we have had to deal with.

If we had another software company to choose we would certainly change providers! Unfortunately we are stuck with QuickBooks!

Loss:
Pros:
  • Online availability
Cons:
  • Everything other than online availability

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Buy something else!

Makaiyah Fgx

Verified Reviewer

No security, FRAUD ALERT.

Did you know you can use ANYONE's email to setup an account... no verification email.

Small business beware!!! I have been on 5 different phone calls from 2 hours to 5 hours. STILL nothing. Fraud department is a JOKE!!!

No phone number, customer service cant even get ahold of anyone. AND YOU KNOW WHAT when closing time comes they just cut you off with no resolve.

Cons:
  • Security

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

About