1.5
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I used turbo tax Federal and State tax return disk for my 2013 tax returns.December 2016 , I was informed by NJ state that I failed to report my pension income.

I went back to my turbo tax returns and found my federal tax return had my pension income listed. But, turbo tax failed to bring my pension income over to my state returns. As the result, I was fined $900 for interest and $300 for penalty. I contacted turbo tax intuit for compensation and explaination.

First of all, it was very difficult to find someone to respond.

Even after I finally found someone who worked their night shift as a CPA tax consultant, he was at lost why the pension didn't copied over to the state returns.After two days of comtemplating, he and his supervisor got back to me saying I need to refile amended taxes and wont accept responsibility for my interest and penalty losses.

Review about: Intuit Turbotax Tax Software.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Intuit?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1279240

You are supposed to check and verify your return before you file it.You failed to check the state return for accuracy.

You are responsible, not Intuit. By the way, after what Intuit did with their TurboTax a couple of years ago, I am surprised anyone still uses it.

Try H&R Block software instead.Cheaper and they haven't tried to scam customers by dropping common schedules and then attempting to extort extra fees if you need a schedule they suddenly dropped.